Friday, January 18, 2013

End of 2012

Now that we're 3 weeks into 2013, it's time to catch up a bit on the past month!

My sisters both traveled home for Christmas this year. It was fun to have them home and even more fun that we enjoyed a white Christmas this year!

My Grandma, Aunt, and cousins, Brian & Jason traveled up the day after Christmas. I had off work between Christmas and New Years, so it was nice to be home and spend time with family. The snow kept coming, which made for some tricky days of traveling, but we did have a blast sledding and playing in the snow - and we appreciated the extra helping hands to keep the driveway shoveled!

My extended family threw a bridal shower for me right after Christmas, and we all braved the weather to spend an afternoon together at Aunt Jan's house for food, games, gifts, and family. It was neat for my Aunt Pam and Grandma from Maryland to join my family from New York for the occasion.

Our family traveled again through the winter weather to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family, and our typical 2.5 hour drive up took about 4 hours! After seeing several cars off the road, we were thankful for a safe trip to Grandma & Grandpa's and home again. Nate was able to have the day off work to join us for a great meal together, the annual tour of Grandpa's village, and family time.

Nate and I hit the slopes on New Year's Eve. We traveled to a ski place I hadn't been to before, and since we brought canned food, we got free lift tickets! Since it had been snowing all week, the trails were great and we enjoyed an afternoon together. We headed home in time to ring in the New Year with some friends and excited for what 2013 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment