Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grandkids?


A guy in my small group shared an interesting thought at Bible study tonight. His dad used to say, "God doesn't have any spiritual grandkids."

Many times in Christian bubbles you hear that people had the privilege of growing up in a Christian home. However, just because your parents were Christians does not make you a Christian. It's important to make that decision for yourself and truly understand what it means to follow Christ.

I am thankful for my parents and the spiritual influance they had on me at a young age, but I am thankful I am a Child of God and not just one of His grandkids!

2 comments:

  1. That is interesting. I never thought of that before but so true. If you are a child of God you are His direct son or daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciated that he shared that insight at Bible Study since it's so common at Christian schools to just piggy back on what parents believe.

    ReplyDelete