Friday, June 1, 2012

My Favorite Teammate

Nate and I met on June 1, 2011 - one year ago today! I had just graduated from college, moved back home, and was looking for a young adult group to get involved with. My friend, Danielle, and I decided to see what the group at First Baptist was like. Well, when they started up a game of ultimate frisbee after our group discussion that night, I felt right at home - and it got even better when we headed inside after that to play volleyball! I found a spot on the court, and a guy in a red shirt, shorts, and clunky work boots introduced himself as we shook hands under the volleyball net.

And that's where it all began!

This morning, Nate took me to Chenango Valley State Park to eat breakfast and hike around the lake. We also talked about this past year - the joy, excitement, and changes we have experienced together. I told Nate I was glad we were no longer on opposite sides of the volleyball net, but that we've decided to work as a team to develop a friendship and strengthen our relationship.

It was neat to reflect back on this past year and where the Lord has brought us, and we are looking forward to what the future brings as we continue to seek His direction.

*You might be impressed to know that Nate still remembers what I was wearing the day we first met too!

No comments:

Post a Comment