Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Story Worth Telling




Nate & I went to a wedding reception today, and it was actually 8 months ago today that we got married! With wedding thoughts on my mind, I looked back through some of our wedding pictures tonight, and then ending up reading through several Facebook posts leading up to our wedding day.

It was neat to read back through and sense the excitement as we anticipated becoming husband and wife. Many family and friends also shared in that excitement, showing their support and encouragement as we looked forward to sharing that day with them.

Browsing through Facebook posts from last year, I eventually ended up on my blog and was reminded that today holds significance as each year I remember the love and support of my family and friends.

This day had been in the back of my mind lately, knowing it was this month, but I honestly couldn't remember the exact day. Until today. November 16th. The exact day I was hospitalized fours years ago now to sort out some mental health struggles.

When I was thinking about it earlier this month, I decided I didn't want to make a big deal about it this year like I have the past two years. But now that the Lord brought it to mind on the exact day, I do want to take time to recognize the faithful support from family and friends - in good times (like getting married) and bad (like facing unknowns related to mental health).

Matthew West's song, "The Story of Your Life" has been on my mind recently, and the last line of the chorus stuck out to me tonight...


This is the story of your life
You decide
How the rest is gonna read
This is your chance between the lines
To redefine what kind of legacy you leave
This is the story of your life
And it's a story worth telling

I've told my story. The good and the bad. And I've been so blessed by many who encourage me as the story of my life continues!

Thank you to each of you who have loved me and have shared in my joy and my pain. YOU are such a significant part of my story & I thank God for you! 



1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing, Laura, as you age you will find certain signifigant dates will always stick in your mind, sometimes with just a feeling that the date is important, even though the event might not come to you at first. The best part is when another event comes along, such as your eight month anniversary, and the wedding reception, and make the bad not so hard anymore. Then when you get as old as me, you may not remember anything.. haha Diane

    ReplyDelete