Wednesday, August 8, 2012

3.1 Miles for LIFE


I've been running on and off since Jr High and ran my first official race two summers ago! I enjoy running, and when I started working at Life Choices Center, I was excited to help organize the Run/Walk for Life they are involved in. This past weekend was my second year running in the 5K with Life Choices Center, and it's a great opportunity for family and friends to learn more about the work I do at the Center.

I raced along with 153 others running or walking with Life Choices Center - we had a huge turnout this year, and for some, this was their very first 5K! Above is Kim, Kayla, Amanda, and myself before the race - it's a fun race to do with family and friends. Nate ran again this year, and my mom and sister, Julie, walked.

While other family members of mine participated last year, they supported me from far away this year. Many family and friends sponsored me as I ran for Life Choices Center. We use this as a fundraiser to continue offering our services to those facing an unplanned pregnancy. Raising over $11,000 this year, we passed our fundraising goal and were thrilled to see so many people eager to be involved in this 5K and join us for those 3.1 Miles for LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment