Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wedding Plans!

 It was great to have both of my sisters home for a week in August! Between family meals, games, and watching home videos, we did a bit of wedding planning! They were a big help in brainstorming ideas and listening to my thoughts.

Mom, my sisters, and I went to a bridal show together. We had fun getting ideas from the different vendors. We didn't win any prizes that day, but I was later emailed saying I did win a pampering packing that I'll use closer to the wedding!
So fun to Amy and Julie in town!!
 My mom is very organized and enjoys projects. She's a big help with all this wedding stuff! This picture is from the bridal show. It was at Pumpelly Estate in Owego - a place we had considered for our reception, but we have too many friends, so it wasn't big enough!
Later in the week, we all went out to lunch and tea - such a fun afternoon! After teatime we went wedding dress shopping. It was my first time trying on dresses, and while slightly overwhelming, it was nice to have my mom and sisters there for their opinions, help, and picture taking skills.

Wedding plans are coming together. We're in the process of signing a contract for the ceremony and reception locations. There is a caterer that works closely with the event location, and he has some good ideas for our reception. My mom and I are looking into some photographers, and I just may have found THE dress earlier this week!

It will be nice to have these more major decisions taken care of - I think I'll enjoy the creative details we still have to work on!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laura, We waited nearly a month to hear from you but these are excellent. What a summer!!!
    We'll be waiting for the next one. Have a fun Labor Day weedend!!
    Love and blessings and prayers,
    Grandma and Grandpa T

    ReplyDelete