Monday, February 14, 2011

Communications Director


I recently accepted the Communications Director position at Life Choices Center in Binghamton! My mom had passed on the job description over Christmas break, knowing my desire to stay in Rochester, but thinking it sounded perfect for me. I took the necessary steps to apply and went for an interview the first week in February. Soon after, they asked me to join their team!

The position involves newsletters, the website, media connections, community involvement, and grant writing. I have experience in these areas and was very happy about the grant writing piece! The not-for-profit is a Christian crisis pregnancy organization. I graduated with the son of the director and have heard wonderful things about working there. Yes, it's not Rochester, but I am excited about this opportunity. The Lord has slowly been working on my heart as I realize Rochester will not be the same Rochester I have grown to appreciate once I graduate. I will live at home to start and explore the Binghamton area again after being gone for 4 years!

We are looking into having me start working remotely while I am still in Rochester. I would finish up my campus jobs and designate that time to working for Life Choices Center. A start date is still being determined, and I would not be able to work my full hours until closer to June.
I am so much of a planner, that it is nice to have this post-graduation decision made! I no longer have to job search, fill out applications, and make follow-up phone calls, all while wondering about housing options or if I will even be able to stay in Rochester! This whole process has made me realize that this college season of my life is coming to a close - sad, but exciting all at the same time! I do feel prepared to take on life after graduation, but it will certainly be different.

1 comment: