Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wooden Crosses

I am preparing to leave for Ecuador tomorrow morning! This trip is extra special because my grandparents have gone to Ecuador with their church several times and have been to some of the places my team will go to. My grandpa has made hundreds of these wooden crosses over the years to give to the kids with their names. He sent one personalized for me and gave me three plain ones. He told me to pray and think throughout the week about who to give them too. It's neat that, in a way, I can share in this trip with my grandparents - I know they have been blessed by their many trips down.

I am just about packed up. We are driving to NYC in the morning, and taking the red eye out, arriving in Ecuador on Saturday morning. I may be able to update this blog from time to time while I am down there, so be sure to check in! If not, I'll have plenty to share when I return : ) Looking forward to a great time serving in Ecuador!

No comments:

Post a Comment