Monday, October 17, 2011

Overflow with Hope


Nate made something for me the other day. He gave me a decorated envelope that said, "Your Verses for Encouragement" and inside were several verses written out on elephants he had cut out! I read through them all and have been taking a different one with me every few days to think about and try to memorize. I'll share one here:

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I love that! The God of hope is the One providing hope, and He does so by allowing joy and peace to be evident in our lives. It has been so encouraging throughout this flood experience to have family and friends comment on my attitude. They have seen joy and peace displayed, and it's not something I am having to work at doing - it comes naturally, from God! I do have a hope for my future, in this life and in the life to come, so I have joy and peace now as I work through this more difficult time.

I am thankful for the God of hope and for what He has provided for me during this time. I also love that word overflow. God has given so much to us that is should cause us to overflow. I pray that I am overflowing with the goodness of the Lord as He fills me up!

1 comment: