Monday, March 12, 2012

A Day Off with the Ullmans

After putting in extra hours for the Dessert Celebration, I had some comp time hours to take at work. I wasted no time, and after Friday's big event, I took Monday off from work!

Nate and I don't have a day off that is the same. I have Friday-Sunday off while he has Monday-Wednesday off. This gets tricky when we want to travel.

With me taking Monday off, we headed to his grandparents after church on Sunday. I hadn't been there since Labor Day, and we had been wanting to go this winter. Grandma and Grandpa Ullman live up past Cobelskill - northeast of Binghamton (about an hour and a half depending on who is driving!).

After a simple dinner, Nate and I went to prayer meeting at his grandparent's church, and then came home and played a few rounds of Uno. I had heard that Grandma was a big game player! I did not play any card games with her back in September, so Uno was fun, and I also played some Quiddler with her throughout our visit as well - I'm always up for a game!

Grandpa put Nate to work the next morning with projects around the house. Grandma spared me from the dirty work and took me shopping! We went to a flower and gift shop with lots of decorative items. My mom's birthday was coming up, so I got her some new spring decorations. Then Grandma drove the long way home to show me more of the area and where her and Grandpa grew up. They met each other in elementary school and will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary in the fall!

After Nate finished his projects, we went with Grandpa on a four wheeler ride through the woods. We stopped by his little cabin and checked out some of his tree stands. We might have to come back during deer season! It was a pleasant day to spend outside, and it was just nice to relax after such a busy week at work.

Nate and I drove home after dinner. Car rides together are always great for some good conversations, singing together to songs on the radio, laughing, and appreciating extended time spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment