Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Tasty Project


Since teaching myself how, I have been continuing to crochet as I find time. After making a few sets of wrist warmers and then the weather getting warmer, I started looking for a new project to work on.

That's when I came across Tasty Crochet - a book full of ideas for crocheting play food!

We had a kitchen set in our house when I was growing up. My sisters and I enjoyed playing with play food and serving meals to our family. I wanted to make some of these adorable crocheted foods, but wasn't sure who I knew that would use them.

That's when I remembered back to my time teaching home-ec in Hannah's first grade classroom! I had mentioned chocolate chip cookies as an example in class, but ended up making pudding with the students. While they enjoyed the pudding, they kept asking when I was coming back to make chocolate chip cookies with them!

I decided I would make and send them a dozen chocolate chip cookies! I'm hoping Hannah can use them during math lessons for visual aids with counting or something creative. All 12 cookies have successfully arrived in Texas, and now I'm working on making some breakfast foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment