Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Mail


Back in Januray, my immediate family started something new. Besides my parents back at home, each of us are in different parts of New York State and Pennsylvania. To help keep in touch, my sister, Amy, thought it would be neat to send a different family member a letter - a real, snail mail, hand written letter - each month. She came up with a schedule, and my mom made it all fancy on Excel, and we each got our assignments. At the end of the year, we would each have 12 hand written letters from our family.

Now, I'm a letter writer myself, so I've enjoyed this monthy task, sometimes adding pictures in with the card or note. So far, I have received 7 letters, and look forward to the next 5 in the months to come!

Perhaps we started a new family tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment