Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 Months of Transition


3 months. It's been 3 months since graduation. So much has happened since then! I wrote a note to a friend today who I hadn't talked to since graduation - there was a lot to fill her in on! I broke it down by the months:

May - Graduation. SIFE Nationals. Family cruise to the Bahamas. Started my new job. I do enjoy my job - the Communications Director at a pregnancy center. I do a lot of design work and get to be creative all day! My co-workers are great and welcomed me right away. My schedule is nice too, with 30 hours a week and Fridays off!

June - Started going to a new church and got involved with the young adult group - volleyball, ultimate frisbee, service projects, Sunday School, game nights, mini golf, etc - it's an active group! At first, I had a hard time getting to know the girls, and I was really missing friends in Rochester. I did make a trip up to Rochester, and it was great to spend time up there with friends!

July - I traveled. A lot! I saw so many out of town family and friends - it was great! The one weekend I stayed home, a friend from Rochester came down to visit. A girls' Bible study also started up at church, and I was able to connect with more of the girls in the group, which has been so great - Binghamton is feeling like home again!

I have been living at home, doing my assigned chores, and paying my rent. I'm home for dinner about 2-3 times a week, and I know my mom loves having me home! I believe living at home did make for a smoother transition to life after college.

I have just felt so blessed lately as I look back on these past three months. I thought I would have a much harder time adjusting to life back in Binghamton, but I am very content here. I've had a few people send me job descriptions for positions up in Rochester, but I have no desire to head back at this point - I'm happy here and look forward to what's ahead for me in Binghamton : )

No comments:

Post a Comment