Monday, August 29, 2011

Road Trip: Grand Canyon & Final Stop


Amy and I were able to spend time at the Grand Canyon during our last day of driving. We traveled along the main road and stopped at about 6 or 7 lookouts to check out the view. The one above is one of the final ones we saw. The peak to the right is 9 miles away. I'm training to run a 15K, which is 9.3 miles - it would take me a little over an hour and a half to run to that peak! This gave us some idea of just how big the Grand Canyon is!

We pulled into Amy's friends' house late Saturday afternoon - our fifth day on the road. We unpacked and relaxed for a bit, then went out to dinner and saw some of the area Amy will be living in. We were both tired, and were in our pajamas before 8:00! (We never really figured out all those time changes along the way!) We left for the airport the next morning for my flight back to NY. It was great to experience so many new places with Amy, and I'm glad I could make the trip with her!

Of course, while I'm in the airport, I got a text from Amy. We had been marking off each state license plate we saw and were only missing 5. She texts to ask if it's too late - she had just seen Mississippi! Sadly, it was too late. Our road trip was over - we'll have to try again another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment