Friday, August 26, 2011

Road Trip: Chicago


Day #2 we drove from Ohio to Iowa. We spent time in Chicago in the afternoon on the way, and it was so fun! After we found parking, we got some Chicago pizza and ventured off to explore the city. I had been to Chicago once before - in 2008 with a group from college. I loved the area and had always wanted to come back. While there, we saw the neat buildings, went to Navy Pier, and spent time by Lake Michigan, but we weren't able to check out The Bean. Coming back someday to find The Bean went on my to-do list! I was so excited when Amy told me we were taking a route through Chicago! We did indeed find The Bean this time and had fun taking pictures. It's basically a giant reflective structure in the middle of the city. I want to go back and see what it looks like at night when it reflects the city lights!

Our younger sister, Julie, was in Chicago just a few days before us. She sent us the following text while she was there:

"You will find a note from me on the south wall of the bean area at the handicap entrance ramp. Look in the crack where the second poll of the hand railing going into the wall. The note is inside a red straw."

Following her directions we found her hidden note!
It was fun to kind of share our Chicago experiences!

I told Amy I was living my dream while we were exploring Chicago. I'd wanted to go back for 3 years, and it was definitely a highlight of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment