Sunday, August 7, 2011

Run/Walk for Life 5K


I originally got to know Amanda through running. We were at Bible study one night, and she was talking about the Spiedie Fest 5K she was doing. I said she should run it for Life Choices Center - my work was doing it as a run/walk for life. She decided to join, and we ran together later that week and several more times leading up to the race.

It's been fun to get to know Amanda during our runs and the other times we've hung out. She's finishing up classes this month to get her business degree - something we have in common - and we've apprecaited times of prayer and encouragement together over the last few weeks.

This was my second 5K, and I wanted to beat my 30:21 time from last summer. I wasn't sure it would happen because I had been running slower than a 10 minute mile, but I gave it my best shot. After completing my first mile in under 9 minutes, I realized a 30 minute race was possible, and I finished at 30:02 - I was pumped!

Many family members and two other friends from church also participated in the race. There were about 80 people running/walking for Life Choices Center, and it was fun to see all those green shirts along the course!

1 comment: