Thursday, August 25, 2011

Road Trip: Off to Arizona!


My sister, Amy, and I just spent 2583 miles in the car, traveling through 11 states in less than 5 days! It was quite the adventure, and I'll take the next few days to share some of our experiences.

The picture above is the map we followed from NY to AZ. Amy had been living in Philly and recently decided to move to Arizona for new adventures! Her best friend lives out there, so Amy will live with her while looking for a job and settling in.

Amy and I left on Tuesday night after I got back from work. Each gray dot on the map is a destination we stopped at. The numbers in between are the estimated hours from one place to the next. (Click the picture to see it bigger.)

Amy drove the whole way, and I was in charge of taking pictures, choosing our listening entertainment, setting the GPS, recording the state license plates we saw, and cleaning all the bugs off the windshield!

Highlights from the trip included exploring Chicago, discovering downtown Denver, fun at 4 Corners, and seeing the Grand Canyon. I'll talk about these in future posts!

1 comment:

  1. I like this...very informative....a great plan. DT

    ReplyDelete