Friday, February 10, 2012

Totally Twins!


My friend, Rachel, and I matched on Wednesday night! From our brown sweaters, to scarves, to the same shirt from Target, the jeans, and brown shoes - we were twins!

Rachel and I met at church when I started going this past summer. I say met, but we really already knew each other - we went to the same high school, and middle school, and elementary school. The thing was, Rachel was three years ahead of me, and everyone knows you don't make friends with people outside of your grade!

Since our days at Ross Corners, we both went away for school, only to end up back in Binghamton. We're both working, and living with our parents. I stayed at Rachel's quite a bit during the flood, and we often end up at the same game nights or other activities with the group.

Rachel and I got to know each other through church and group events. We met up a few times before church on Wednesday nights for dinner together, and eventually we decided to start meeting to listen to some sermons online together.

We started listening to sermons at the end of the summer, and we have continued to meet weekly, being challenged by the Word and having some good discussions.

It was nice to see a familiar face when I started going to church, and I'm glad our days of class division are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment