Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Embracing Change


Today is Tuesday - and I'm doing laundry. Now, I have mentioned in my blog before how my laundry day is Wednesday. Not Tuesday.


I have been living by a different schedule lately - not intentionally, but life has provided some opportunities to face change lately, and I've been enjoying it. Yes! I have been enjoying changes! Not a common theme in my life in recent years. Let me share a few examples of changes that have happened: (Sorry for the large gaps - my editing page is acting funny.)


-Canceled Plans - Plans with friends have been canceled lately, but I have been able to spend unplanned time with other friends because of it. I've had many random friend times lately!


-Haircut - I got my hair cut recently - at a salon! Not by my mom, who most always cuts my hair. It was a fun treat and something different for me!


-New Work Schedule - I have been doing work for my new position at Life Choices Center. My new work schedule allows for more flexibility with my time.


-Internship Tasks - I have moved away from grant writing a bit to gain experience with press releases, communication pieces, and event planning. I've also taken some field trips!


-Different Days - Last week, I was out of town on Monday, so missed those classes. Then later that week my Thursday internship was switched to Friday, so I put work hours in on Thursday. I was mixed up a bit, but was okay with the changes overall.


Lots of little changes, that I hope prepare me for the bigger changes that will come with graduation. I have been responding well to these schedule differences and finding that change can be a positive part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment