Thursday, March 10, 2011

Opportunity to Serve


I was asked to share a testimony for one of the missionary worship nights in Ecuador. I shared a verse that was on my mind the week before the trip and continued to be an encouargement throughout my time there.

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." -Galatians 6:9-10

The week leading up to the trip I was busy with classes, campus jobs, my internship, projects, presentations, and a quiz! I had to fill perscriptions for my trip among other preparations. I was exhausted and stressed, and we hadn't even arrived in Ecuador! When we got to Ecuador, we worked hard! The building site had me doing physical activities I had never done before. The picture above is a job I had one day - I had to chisel 50 blocks to look like that one. I had to make the holes go all the way through the block and carve out one side to make room for re-bar. Trowel in hand - that was hard work! My hands were raw for days! My feet were sore at night from the constant activity. However, my heart was full of love for those we were ministering too!

I had an opportunity to travel to Ecuador, and I didn't let my weary body stop me from serving. I made a point to take care of myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually on the trip so I was ready for all we had planned. Serving can be tiring, but the Lord will bless your efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment