Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homeless No More!


I have been living out of my car for 62 days. I started with just that blue duffel bag, my pillow, and my laptop. I continued to acquire more and more, packing it all into my Honda Accord. Once we were able to get back into the house when the flood waters went down, I grabbed a few more clothes. And then the weather got colder as summer turned to fall - I had to have some sweaters, jackets, and something for my feet besides sandals!

I ended up getting another duffel bag and a suitcase to use from home. I tried organizing these all sorts of ways! A week's worth of clothes in each - then I would only need to bring one bag into the house I was staying at. That became difficult, so I started putting nicer work clothes in one and pajamas and t-shirts in another. I was constantly rearranging all the belongings in my car! My trunk became the place for items I did not need on a regular basis, and I had my core items that I would bring into every house I stayed at. I was surprised at how full my car became in two months time, but then again, I couldn't go two months without a few good shopping trips!

You'll notice bedding in my back seat here. No. I did not bring bedding and a towel everywhere I stayed! Those are the ones from my bed at home. The ones I recently washed that are now back on my own bed, ready for me to fall asleep tonight. Did you catch that? I'm sleeping in my own bed!!

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah!!! or Harrah!!! I don't know how to spell it. You have been a trooper, carrying on as you had to.
    Sweet slumber tonight!!!
    Love and prayers,
    Grandma T
    No longer a bag lady.

    ReplyDelete