Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sharing our Interests


When I tell people about Nate, they usually think it's really great that we do stuff together! So many couples just watch movies and hang out, but we each have our hobbies and enjoy doing them together. Here are some of the things we have done together:

  • Four Wheeling - The first time I hung out at Nate's house, he had a group from church over for four wheeling. I had only gone four wheeling once before, and he even let me drive for a bit! We've gone in the mud and in the dark, and we've taken it up to see the sunset at this house.
  • Running - This is how Nate first asked me to hang out one-on-one. You see, the four wheeling went so well, he decided to show interest in something I enjoy. He found out I was doing a 5K for my work and pretty much became a runner over night! We ran together a few times before the race and have gone a couple of times since.
  • Farkle - Something else Nate learned early on is that I love games! He had the dice game, Farkle at his house, and I noticed it after an evening run and four wheeler ride at his house. He got the game for his birthday, but had never even played it! Well, I changed that, I taught him this great game. Now Nate has started asking me if we can play Farkle when we are hanging out!
  • Making Food - Nate had no clue how much I like making smoothies, but he suggested we make them that same night we played Farkle for the first time. Since then we have also made pizza, grilled cheese, and some breakfast foods together. I still need to show him some of my crock pot recipes!
  • Motorcycle - Nate has a bike and took me for a ride the week before we started dating. We took it out together a few times since then to go hang out with friends and a longer ride to enjoy the fall leaves.
  • Hiking - One place we took the motorcycle was to go hiking. We have gone hiking at a few places recently and always enjoy spending time outside together. Of course I bring my camera, and we look for some scenic views. It's usually very peaceful and a fun afternoon activity.
  • Shooting - Nate has all the cool toys! He has a number of guns, and a few friends got together one Sunday afternoon to shoot clay birds. I had never shot a gun before, but I did manage to hit a few!
  • Hunting - We shot clay birds before deer season, but Nate just took me out hunting! I got to wear orange and we sat in the words for about two and a half hours until the sun set. We saw four deer, but none were close enough to shoot. It was fun keeping an eye on them with the binoculars and spending time together - Nate did let me whisper every so often!
It is fun to share these activities with each other. We are both learning new things and can appreciate what the other enjoys. The time we spend together usually has purpose, and we enjoy getting to know each other through these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment