Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally Jump Roping


I bought a jump rope last February. It has also been in it's original box since February. Until today! I finally took that jump rope out and put it to use!

My friend, Heather, and I have been talking about various forms of exercise, and I told her to get a good jump rope. Although I have no recent experience using a jump rope, I hear they can provide very good cardio! I also figured if Heather got a jump rope, that would motivate me to use mine - and it worked!

I opened up the box and pulled out the jump rope this morning. I had to adjust it to my height, and then I had to find a place with space enough to use it! I was planning to go for a run, so figured some jumping would be a good warm-up. Well, after about 60 seconds, I was out of breath! Not wanting to tire myself out too much before my run, I decided that was enough for today. I was just glad I got that jump rope out of the box!

I went for my run outside. Yes, it's January, but it was 51 degrees, so I ran outside - in SHORTS and a t-shirt! This is not typically the case for January and the winter months, so that's why a jump rope is handy - for indoor workouts!

I found a website through another friend that has some circuit workouts you can do at home. The only equipment you need? A jump rope! I have not tried any of these, but most workouts are 25-30 minutes. Give them a try, and head over to Walmart if you need a jump rope - less than $7 and it will have your heart beating in no time!

1 comment:

  1. haha I still didnt buy a jump rope but I'm glad it motivated you!

    ReplyDelete