Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Last 2011 Trip


By now you should know that I like to travel! I explored quite a few places this year:

Wow! I didn't realize how many places I had been this year! It's fun when you have family and friends all around the country - you can check out new places while catching up on friendships.

My final trip of 2011 was to Niagara Falls. I had never been during the off season and didn't remember much about seeing it at night. Nate and I headed up for the day on Friday. I had never seen the Falls from the American side, so we started there. We hiked the Gorge Trail for a while and then viewed the Falls. The Observation Tower is free during the off season, so we checked that out too! There is a path that loops around to different look-out points by the Falls, so we enjoyed our afternoon walking around and exploring. Eventually, we headed over to Canada for dinner and more views of the Falls. They shine colored lights on the Falls at night, and we saw that from up high on the Sky Wheel! We exchanged Christmas presents while we were in Canada and stayed until the fireworks went off over the Falls.

It was a wonderful trip and a fun way to spend one of the final days of 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura,
    I am waiting for a new message. I have found this one for the last many days. You are too busy!!!!!! Ha Ha
    I love you.
    Grandma T

    ReplyDelete