Friday, July 15, 2011

Blast from the Past - Weekend in Rochester


This picture was from sophomore year at Roberts. Danielle, Pam, Brittany, and Heather - friends from Binghamton - came up to Rochester to visit me for a cold winter weekend! They stayed in my dorm, enjoyed food from Garlock, and froze at night on the cold floor!

I did have to go to class one day they were there, and I came back to my entire room turned in-side-out and up-side-down! That drove me nuts, and I quickly changed it back, but thinking about it now - it was pretty funny!

It was so cold, that none of them wanted to go anywhere to explore Rochester, so we spent most of the weekend on campus. We headed over to the gym for some volleyball, racquetball, and 2 minute workouts led by Heather. We had a good time!

We did run to Walmart for hair dye - a must do when this group gets together! We dyed hair that night and watched a movie. We played some games too, and made breakfast the next morning!

It was such a fun weekend, and I'm glad my friends were able to visit me at Roberts. Pam, however, ended the weekend with a tumble and injured her ankle! I think Heather ended up driving Pam's car home, and from what I hear, the car rides to and from Rochester were something else!

I have recently been able to visit each of these girls - in Johnson City, Delhi, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. It's so fun to travel to visit friends, and I love seeing where they live and exploring new places! Although the miles apart are getting longer, these friendships will remain important to me, and I hope there will be many more fun weekend trips to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment