Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun in Syracuse


I had to pick up a bridesmaid dress in Syracuse, so I decided to make a day of it! Christina, a friend from church, joined me. Our car rides gave us a chance to really talk, and we had a good time finding fun things to do in Syracuse!

After picking up my dress we headed to Dinosaur BBQ for lunch. Now, there was one in Rochester during my time at school, and people talked about how good it is all the time, but I had never been. I'm glad we changed that today! Christina's mac 'n cheese recommendation was delicious and our sandwiches were tasty - I had been missing out!

After lunch we headed to Onondaga Lake to enjoy the nice [hot] day! Our plans to attempt to ride a tandem bike were shot down due to the hot weather and the bike rental shop deciding to close early - we'll have to try for the bike another day! Instead, we rented a kayak and enjoyed some time on the water.

It was a relaxing day to explore and a good chance to get to know Christina a little better.

Have I mentioned that I love having Fridays off?!

No comments:

Post a Comment