Sunday, July 31, 2011

Turducken


I was watching the food channel with a friend recently, and they were talking about a turducken - a burger you can find in Philly. I was planning to travel to Philly soon, so I was interested in trying out this turkey, duck, and chicken burger! My sister, Amy, has lived in Philly for 6 years. She is moving to AZ soon, so this trip to Philly would be my last, and I asked if we could find this burger. I found out that Smokin' Betty's is the place to go for turducken, so we ventured out. I was picturing a run-down diner, but we arrived at a classy restaurant, and I ordered my turducken. This thing was huge! I cut it in half and took my first bite - it was like Thanksgiving on a roll, complete with cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing, and sweet potato chips - quite tasty! It was a fun experience and made for a memorable last trip to Philly to visit Amy.


After our turducken adventure, it was time to prep for a party! Amy threw herself a going away party with lots of food, friends, and a photobooth! I had met a number of her Philly friends over the years, so it was fun to see them again and celebrate the time Amy has had in Philly.

I'm driving out to Arizona with Amy when she moves in the middle of August. I should keep my eye on the food channel for other foods we can try along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment