Saturday, July 16, 2011

Experiencing Binghamton


My friend, Honna, came to visit from Rochester! She arrived Friday evening, and we had a full night and day together! She had never been to Binghamton before, so I had fun giving her the grand tour of everything I'm involved in (or have been involved in) around here. Here's a recap:

-Nirchi's - After showing her my house, we headed off to Nirchi's for some chicken spiedie pizza. I always craved this pizza when I was at school, and we both enjoyed a couple of slices while catching up on our latest news.

-Fashion Bug - I had to stop by the bank, so I showed Honna where I worked in high school.

-Chuckster's - Before mini golfing at the longest hole on the planet, we stopped by Ross Corners - where I went to school 1-12 grades. We golfed with some of my new friends from church and were amazed by the magician! Honna got three hole in ones!

-Bubble Tea - I had given Honna a gift certificate for Bubble tea at graduation, so she redeemed it and tried Bubble tea for the first time! The winner of our mini golf group, Jon, joined us here too.

-First Baptist Church - We had to take Jon's new car out for a ride, so we drove through back roads, saw so much wildlife, and ended up at church and enjoyed listening to the frogs while talking and sitting on a big rock. Then Jon took us to a spot where you can see lots of lights from the surrounding areas - very cool view!

-Binghamton - We headed out this morning for a 9 mile biking tour of Binghamton. Jon and my parents joined us for this, and it was a beautiful morning! Honna, Jon, and I grabbed lunch at Nezuntoz, a cafe my sister, Amy, used to work. Then I took them up to the church I grew up in. We swang on the fun swings on the hill - still as fun as I remembered! We stopped by the Discovery Center to find the bull from the Vestal Parkway Steakhouse, and we enjoyed the Story Garden. I also showed them my office at Life Choices Center.

-C. Fred Johnson Park - It was time to show Honna one of our carousels! We rode it twice then played in the water park and cooled off! We grabbed some blankets and dried off laying in the sun, just chatting and enjoying the day.

-356 Second Ave - After visiting the dog Jon is watching for the weekend, we headed back to my house for a great dinner with my parents!

It was fun to have Honna here and show her pieces of my life and things I enjoy about Binghamton. It was fun to spend time with Jon too - he experienced some new things in Binghamton as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment