Friday, July 8, 2011

Girl Time in Delhi


My newly married friend, Pam, recently called me saying she had two weekends available. If I wanted to come visit and see her new place in Delhi, I had to claim a weekend quickly! Brittany and I drove out to Delhi last night to join Joe and Pam. It was fun to see their place and spend the evening with them. Pam is here to tell you about our relaxing day together today:

Laura, Brittany, and I are lifelong friends and what a blessing they are to me! I was so excited when one of my weekends worked for both of them to visit. We have had a very relaxing time so far, but it's been wonderful to catch up and hang out! Last night we just talked and skyped with Laura's sister, Julie! She and Joe had a 20 minute conversation about the science of what she's studying at her internship in North Dakota.

After a good night's sleep we got up and enjoyed breakfast and a good game of Mastermind in which I stumped Laura for a while! I made easy lasagna for lunch which Joe came home and enjoyed with us. After lunch we did some crafts, we took the inner cardboard wrapping paper roll, flattened it, and cut it into pieces, glued the pieces into an artful design and then painted them; they can be used as wall decorations. We made smoothies, watched part of the movie 27 Dresses, and skyped with our friend, Heather for a bit!  It was a great day with friends, and I will miss these girls immensely when I move to Indiana.

I'm so glad they made the drive to come out and visit me, even though there's not much to do in Delhi, that's never stopped us from creatively coming up with activities to enjoy!  I have so many wonderful memories, and good years to remember, and today is one more day that I will store away to remember; so much to laugh about, talk about, be serious, and silly, and just have a good time with some of the best friends this world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment