Tuesday, September 6, 2011

15K Training


After running a half marathon last fall, I've done a few smaller races, but have been wanting to train for a longer one! I recruited some friends to do a 5K with me in August, and then found a 15K to run in October! A handful of us decided to train for it and are looking forward to running the 9.3 miles in 5 weeks!

Staying on track with our training schedule, Nate and I ran 5 miles on Monday. I had been wanting to run on the Riverwalk in Binghamton, so we checked that out. Online it said the trail was 1.8 miles one direction. The mile markers on the path went a little past a mile, but then we couldn't figure out which way to go to stay on it! That's when we just decided to make up our own route through Binghamton! We ran around downtown, then past my work, and down Riverside Drive past the hospital, and back to Confluence Park and the walking bridge where we started. Besides the giant cracks on the sidewalk that I tripped over, it was a great route to run. We finished just as the rain started, and now we're ready for a 6 mile run next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment