Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Home Owners


Today was the day! We got back into our house to start clearing things out. Dad was able to get in around 11:00, and Mom left work and arrived soon after. They called me around noon to say they could use my help. I ate my lunch, changed into dirty clothes, and headed out. I was on a mission to find rubber boots because it sounded like rubber boots, masks, and gloves are required when working in our area. I picked up several pairs from a family from church, then headed to another church to get more bleach.

I arrived at the house and helped make some decisions about items to keep. Then we began clearing everything out. Little by little, many helping hands came to work on our home. We cleared out cupboards and drawers and moved the large pieces of furniture. Next thing I knew, the guys were tearing down the walls! We just about gutted the entire first floor - and there's a huge pile of trash to prove it!

The basement is still full of water. It has only gone down to about the fifth step from the top. I did peek down there, and there is insulation floating around, and the ceiling is gone. That will be a big project for another day!

These happy home owners are hanging in there. I know they were glad to finally get in the house! While it was sad to see things go, they were able to do what needed to be done tonight and kept people organized. There will be many decisions to make in the weeks and months to come, and little by little they will see this house become a home again!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, you and your family are such an inspiration to all of us!!! Such a blessing to see how God works even through the hard times!!! I'm sure you all have low times, but you still can see God's blessings in everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I agree! Praying that the Lord would continue to be gloried through this trial. We love you guys! Love, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your posts is amazing Laura. It truly shows that you know your treasures are in heaven. Like the people above have commented. Truly an inspiration! God will bless you and your family for sure! <3

    ReplyDelete