Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Focusing on What is Unseen

A friend and co-worker reminded me of some verses today that had not come to my mind yet. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, "Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal."

This picture was taken in the Binghamton area last week and shared on Facebook. Despite the devastation that was sweeping through our area, we had some neat skies to enjoy each night! Our surroundings were muddy and damaged, but the sky was gorgeous - how much more beautiful will our home in heaven be! Though things around us are wasting away, we have Christ's love inside of us, renewing us daily as we focus on eternity with Him!

My other co-workers also blessed me today. Emily popped into my office with a basket full of goodies, giftcards, and notes from those I work with. It was so thoughtful and an encouragement to me. I only brought practical items with me from home, so the fun items in the basket will be enjoyable. Our family is seeing our needs being met, and my co-workers have been very loving all week!

God has been using others to provide encouragement to renew our spirits each day!

2 comments:

  1. Neat!!! Thank you to them for taking care of our family!!!!
    Love and blessings to all,
    Grandma and Grandpa T

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of your co-workers - and what a perfect verse!

    ReplyDelete