Friday, September 30, 2011

Many Places to Call Home


It's been a little over 3 weeks since we evacuated and left our home due to flooding. While we have made a lot of progress on the house, we still have not been able to move back in.

I have been staying with different friends for two or three nights in a row, and then I head to another house. I have stayed at 8 different homes over the past 3 weeks! Each home has made me feel very welcome with a bed, food, good company, and telling me I can come back any time.

My parents have stayed with two different families and have plans to head to another home next week. Once we have insulation, sheet rock, hot water, and a fridge and microwave, my parents and I might consider moving back into our house. For now, we are thankful for the many friends that have shared their homes with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment