Monday, September 26, 2011

Cheering as Alumni


Four years ago, Lindsey and I got pom poms at Homecoming. We headed back 4 years later to cheer on the Raiders at the Homecoming soccer game!

Nate and I headed up to Rochester on Friday night. We stayed at my friend, Jillian's, new apartment real close to campus. We participated in Homecoming activities all day, starting with a grand tour of campus for Nate. He also met several of my friends and professors that made my time at Roberts memorable. We celebrated the business department's 30 anniversary and watched some soccer games. The weather forecast called for rain all day, but we enjoyed sunshine and blue skies!

Nate ate his first garbage plate for dinner, and we went to Cobbs Hill Park for the sunset. We went back to campus for LIVE, the entertaining talent show students put on every year. Let me just say that one of my kids is going to be in a professional jump roping competition someday - you should youtube it!

A couple friends joined us at Jillian and Justin's place for the evening, and we stayed up talking until after 2:00! It was great to catch up and have some girltime again!

After enjoying crepes for a Birthday Breakfast, Nate and I went to Browncroft for church. We grabbed lunch afterward, and then headed back to Binghamton. It was nice to have a weekend away, but we did make it home in time to help my parents with the house Sunday night. Our weekend together ended with stargazing at Nate's house - it was such a clear night, and we saw 5 shooting stars!

It was fun to attend my first Homecoming as an alum, and I enjoyed showing Nate some of what my college years were like.

No comments:

Post a Comment