Monday, May 2, 2011

Browncroft Friends


I met Audrey and Jordan, not even a year ago, through Browncroft Community Church. We are from three different states, in Rochester for various reasons. I am so glad our paths crossed during my time here!

I met Audrey in June after service on Sunday. I casually mentioned that I was going to run six miles that afternoon, and she said she would join me! I was shocked, as not just anyone is willing to run six miles. We exchanged contact information, and even though running together didn't work out that day, before I saw her again, Audrey had signed up for the half marathon I was planning to run in September. We became running buddies and shared rides to church since she lived near Roberts. We clicked instantly and have encouraged each other throughout our time in Rochester. Three words to describe Audrey - Ambitious, Thoughtful, and Spiritually Minded. I have appreciated getting to know Audrey, and hope to run another half with her someday!

I met Jordan in November at a GAP game night. I loved her sweater, and she was fun to talk to. I wondered if she would be up for getting to coffee together, and I asked for her number so we could make plans. I contacted her later that week, and we chatted for two hours over coffee at a cafe. It was refreshing to meet a new friend, and I was picturing more fun times with her in the future. We had lunch at my townhouse one Sunday after church, and I stopped by her place after my internship for dinner a couple of times. She is very welcoming and often came up with fun activities for us to do. Most recently, we spent an afternoon being crafty! Jordan used her Martha Stewart knowledge, and we created two fun projects. Three words to describe Jordan - Imaginative, Adventurous, and Passionate about her Faith. I've enjoyed spending time with Jordan, and hope to see her a few more times in Rochester this summer!

Browncroft had opened several doors for me this past year and a half, and I'm so glad these two friendships formed through Browncroft!

No comments:

Post a Comment