Saturday, May 7, 2011

College Grad!


I graduated from Roberts today! Today was a celebration of four years of learning, being challenged, and growing into who I am today. I could not have asked for a more perfect day - I loved every minute of it! I was able to celebrate with my family and friends, and the weather was beautiful!

The day started with Baccalaureate - a worship service for all the undergrads. I met Honna before the service, and took pictures with lots of friends! The service was filled with music and words to ponder, and it was a pleasent way to start our day of activities.

After Baccalaureate, Honna, my family, and I went to my aunt's house for a lunch with a lot of my favorite foods - baked ziti, spinach strawberry salad, brown 'n serve rolls, and blueberry cream dessert! It was relaxing, and we took more pictures.


My parents have supported me during these years of college - my entire life, actually - and I know their love will continue as I move on to the next big step! I love my dad's expression here - doesn't he look so proud?!


After the ceremony, there were lots of hugs and some goodbyes - a little tougher hug and goodbye when it came to my roommate, Michelle. We have roomed together for two years, and I have LOVED it! Somewhere along the way we moved from being roommates to being really good friends! She has plans to live and work in Syracuse, so there will definitely be some roadtrips planned!

Today was a wonderful way to bring closure to this chapter of my life - what a journey it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment