Friday, May 27, 2011

Fridays Off


One perk of my new job is that I have Fridays off! Yes, that's right - every Friday!

I took full advantage of my first Friday off and went to visit my roommate, Michelle. She lives near Syracuse, and I had to go up for a bridesmaid dress fitting, so we spent the day together afterwards.

She took me to Varsity to get some delicious pizza, and we got super yummy brownies at Insomnia Cookies afterwards. We then browsed little shops, tried on wedding dresses, and bought cute jewelry. It was a very relaxing afternoon.

We headed back to her house for dinner with her family. Our picnic style meal was a great way to start Memorial Day weekend! It was fun to see Michelle's house and spend time with her family - Michelle is the middle sister of three girls just like me! We played a game of Clue and just enjoyed catching up on all that has happened since graduation.

We had a little gift exchange too! I had been dumpster diving back at school after everyone had moved out and grabbed something for Michelle. All year, I had a little ironing board, and she had the iron - we made a perfect pair! Well, what did I find in the dumpster? A little ironing board to go with Michelle's iron! She got me a gift for graduation - and let's just say she knows me pretty well! She got me notecards and two cookbooks - one was specifically a crock-pot cookbook! They will be fun to use and discover fun new recipes.

It was a great first Friday off, and I'm glad Michelle and I could spend the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment