Sunday, May 22, 2011

Relaxing at the Beach


I am back from the cruise, but still feel like I'm rocking back and forth! It was a fun week in the sun with lots of food and adventures! The picture above is my cousin, Katie, and I in Freeport, an area of one of the islands in the Bahamas. This was my favorite day of the week and so relaxing!

Katie and I were the only ones that did not have a planned excursion. The others were on a bike trip or exploring gardens, so we decided to take a taxi to the beach and do some exploring of our own. We left the boat around 9:30 and made it to the beach just after 10am. The sun was already warm as we found our way to the water. Below is a picture of what greeted us! This is Port Lucayan Beach:


We walked and walked in the water and on the soft sand, just enjoying the breeze and sunshine. Eventually, we turned around back toward where we started. There was a little hut there with food and drinks. We sat in the shade with pleasant views all around us! We decided to walk the other direction toward some big rocks and watched parasailers and boaters.

We wandered back to where the taxi would pick us up and browsed through some shops. That's when we met up with my mom and grandma! They stopped there after their garden tour. To add to it, later we saw my sisters and dad in their taxi on their way back to the ship too! It was fun to hear about everyone's day and our different adventures. I definitely enjoyed my relaxing day at the beach with Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment