Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Laura Tischer through the eyes of her roommate =)

Hello "Blessing For Life" followers!  My name is Michelle Lippert and I'm honored to say that I've had the privilege of living with Laura Tischer for the last two years!! Our story goes way back to freshman year....
Laura and I both had First Year Seminar together.  I never really talked to her then, and I definitely had no idea that I would live with her for two years- its funny how things work out.  So fast forward in time to the end of sophomore year...I was roommateless (if that's a word) and had no idea what I would do for a roommate in the start of junior year, just get a transfer right? Wrong! I was pleasantly surprised to be approached by none other than...Laura Tischer! She suggested we be roommates, and not having any other ideas or better options (just kidding) I willingly accepted. 
Summer of 2009 came and went (quickly) and we moved in together August of 2009.  At first I'm pretty sure she was overwhelmed by my constant talking, I mean I would stay up super late studying my life away, come in at 2am, sleep for a few hours, and be gone in the morning before she woke up only to come back later that night and tell her about the drama of my day.  The amazing part is that me and Laura are so different, but yet we live together so well. I can't remember a single time when we really got into an argument (except of course over that pizza sauce that's totally expired in our fridge that she won't get rid of haha).  And, over the last two years I have come to really appreciate Laura.  She gives me great advice and keeps me grounded.  Laura Tischer is one of my best friends, and definitely makes my list of "Top 10 Favorite People on Campus."  So, what is it about Laura Tischer that I love so much??? This is just a little of what I've come to appreciate over the last two years:
Laura Tischer is...
Very organized, i'm pretty sure she has more bins and storage units than Walmart- but her side of the room is always in order.
A great cook, give this girl a crock pot and some chicken and you won't be disappointed!
A lover of email, I have never met a person who can compose a more professional email- and with that said, when I have to email a professor, I let her do the writing...
A hard worker, she gets her homework done right away, and that's always something I've looked up to as I tend to procrastinate (a little).
A woman of faith, Laura's relationship with Christ comes first- she truly is a devoted Christian, and it's evident in her life and attitude.
A planner, ask this girl to plan a party or event. Anything really! She'll make some killer guacamole for it too :)
A business woman, Laura Tischer is one of the leaders of her business class. She's involved in SIFE and has excellent grades.  Her hard work has truly paid off and she'll go far no matter what she chooses as a career.
Fun, Ok so this one sounds silly, Laura Tischer is fun?? But it's true! Her laugh is contagious, and when she gets really excited about things she speaks to you like you're standing at the other end of a football field, but this girl knows how to have a good time!! (Mashed potatoes and spinach dip anyone??? And, thanks for silent raving with me!)
The Game Master, I have never ever in my entire life met someone who loves playing games as much as Laura Tischer...as a result? I have come to love games, and game nights. 
Caring, Laura truly cares about people- and she's made this clear every time she listens to another one of my silly stories. 
An awesome friend, Laura listens, encourages, spends time with people, is always up for fun and games, will laugh with you, cry with you, and be there for you.  She has truly been an amazing friend to me for the last two years, and I have appreciated it more than she knows :)

SO, I should wrap this up because it's getting lengthy (but she knows I can talk, and talk, and talk...) and I'm sure she wants to go to bed!  But I have to conclude with this...

Laura Tischer,
Thanks for being an awesome roommate.  Your friendship has meant so much to me over the last two years.  I know you'll go far in life and I hope that wherever life leads you, the road will detour you to my front door for some cupcakes and coffee :)  You're a really awesome and beautiful person, please don't ever change!

Love Always,
Your Roomie,
Michelle Lippert
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment