Saturday, May 28, 2011

Family from Maryland


Some of our relatives from Maryland are up for the weekend. After a pancake breakfast, we took advantage of the nice weather and headed to Otsiningo Park to walk and enjoy the day. The river was flowing fast with all the rain we've had lately, so that was fun to watch.

Since we were in the area, we stopped over at Life Choices Center to show my family my new office. I had brought a few more items to add to my walls and shelves, and I'm glad my family can now picture me at work.

We ate a late lunch, then went mini golfing at Chucksters. They are known for having the longest mini golf hole on the planet - as you can see from above, Brian, Jason, and Julie had a hard time finding the end of it! Jason won for the kids (but only by one point!), and Aunt Pam won for the adults. They both enjoyed their free ice cream as a pre-dinner treat!

We enjoyed a classic Memorial Day picnic for dinner and a special chocolate cake for dessert - straight from the crock-pot! I tried out a new recipe from the cookbook Michelle got me, and it was pretty tasty.

After dinner we played a new game that Amy and Julie got me for graduation. It has a longer title, but I call it Things. No one had ever played it before, and we had a blast! Let's just say no one is going to be licking the ceiling anytime soon, and it would be a bad idea to teach your pets to jump off a cliff - haha!

It was a fun day, and it's nice to have family in town to spend the holiday weekend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment