Thursday, April 28, 2011

Business Awards Dinner


Tonight was the Annual Business Awards Dinner - something I have participated in all four of my years at Roberts. It is a night to recognize business students, especially seniors. The Business Department has four themes for the years a student is at Roberts. Each year, a different senior is recognized for each theme: Hope and Courage, Integrity, Personal Excellence, and Servant Leadership. Year after year I have seen seniors receive these awards, and I always looked up to them for the traits they exhibit. Ever since freshman year I have secretly hoped to be recognized with one of those awards as a senior. Tonight, my wish came true! I was awarded the Hope and Courage award, and tears came to my eyes as Carrie, the faculty member presenting the award and an encouragement to me during the past four years, shared about my time at Roberts. I have grown in many areas throughout my time here, starting out as a timid freshman, and now prepared to confidently take on what may come! The Business Department faculty and staff has impacted my life for God's glory, and I am thankful for their part in my journey.


Above are some of my favorite people and the other recipients of the business yearly theme awards:
Dave - Integrity
Laura - Hope and Courage
Honna - Personal Excellence
Lindsey - Servant Leadership
Mike - Outstanding Business Student


As is tradition, Professor Todd knighted all of the seniors - with a real sword! His charge ended with, "Be thou a good knight." It was a special night as we were honored and prayed for before heading off to new experiences.

1 comment: