Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easing into Life in Binghamton


I am spending the first part of my spring break in Binghamton. I loaded up my car with stuff from my dorm to bring home - for good. Since I stayed on campus last summer, it's been a while since I have had to bring everything home. The rest will come home after graduation - my parents will bring the van.

Thinking about how my stuff has multiplied during my four years of college, I began to wonder about it all fitting in my room at home. Since I accepted a job in Binghamton, I have decided to live with my parents after graduation. Growing up, I had the smallest room in the house, and my sister, Amy, had the largest. She stayed in Philly after she graduated, so I discussed the idea of moving into her big bedroom - and that's just what I did!

Tonight, my parents and I moved furniture around, creating a nice guest room and my new bedroom! There's still a lot of work to do, but I will organize it all once I bring everything else back from Rochester.

I have known since February that I am moving back to Binghamton. Moving into my new room made it seem that much more real. I was also able to work at Life Choices Center today - where I will begin my regular full hours at the end of May. It was great to get a better sense for what happens at the Center, and we all shared Olive Garden for lunch - delicious! I saw my office and began picturing how I will arrange and decorate it. I also read the latest newsletter, which I was included in. Toward the end of the day I was able to sit in with a client for a pregnancy test and experience the emotions that surround receiving the news from the test. I will be able to do a variety of tasks at the Center, and I am looking forward to this next step!

These past few days allowed me to begin picturing my life back in Binghamton again. I kept wanted to refer to Rochester as home tonight, but caught myself as I am now in this time of transition. It will be an adjustment, but I am excited for the adventure ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to having you around!

    ReplyDelete