Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poem from High School


As I'm starting to pack up my dorm room, I have been going through old papers and trying to organize my life. I came across a poem I wrote for a class in high school. It was about my stuffed animal elephant - Ellie.

Remembering Days Passed

An old, old friend sits on my shelf,
All worn and faded with age;
His fur is thin on his left ear,
And the trunk is now deformed.

I would rub his ear and suck my thumb,
Back when I was young;
My elephant companion went through much,
So my mom had to mend him and such.

Now this poor elephant serves only as
A memory of days in the past.

It's neat to have physical reminders of memories from the past. I have come across some things from my time at Roberts that I will hang on to as a memory of my college years - soon to be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment