Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter with Julie


I spent Easter Sunday with Julie! It was a day full of adventure, and Julie is going to guest blog to share about the fun we had:

I was thrilled to find out that Laura was coming to visit me for Easter, seeing as I was stuck in Waynesburg for the weekend with no car. A couple days before Laura arrived I got an e-mail from my Aunt Pam saying that their family was going to be staying in a cabin not to far from Waynesburg, and we were welcome to come for a visit. We gladly accepted the offer and got directions to the remote cabin on the top of "Mystic Mountain." We got a little bit messed up with the directions when we went 7 miles down a road instead of .7 miles. Oops. We eventually made it and spent a wonderful afternoon with my Aunt, Uncle, and 3 cousins. The day included a roasted ham, the Sound of Music, ping pong games, and AN EASTER EGG HUNT! When my Aunt said that they were going to prepare the egg hunt, my face lit up. I don't remember the last time I participated in an Easter egg hunt. I felt like I was 7 again, running around the yard, searching high and low, racing my cousins to get to the spotted egg, and trying to be the first to find your 30 eggs. In the end we were still missing one last egg. It started to rain, and we gave up searching. Somewhere out there on Mystic Mountain, there is a lonely lost egg, probably with chocolate inside.

And if you were wondering - we never did find that pine tree!

1 comment: