Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frappes and Friendship

Mine and Honna's friendship really started over a couple of frappes from McDonald's. We were in Minneapolis together for SIFE Competition last May, and she kept talking about these caramel frappes from McDonald's. I decided I had to have one, and we headed to McDonald's for lunch. It was delicious, and Honna was pretty fun to hang out with!

Now, Honna and I had been in classes together for two years prior to our frappe experience, but we had never really initiated a friendship. I remember Macro Economics sophomore year - I sat by Honna every single day and even wanted to ask her to do coffee, but didn't have the guts to ask for some reason. We exchanged small talk, but nothing beyond, "What is Dr. N. talking about?" or "What word did he just try to write on the board? I can't read his scribbles!"

Well, after spending time with Honna in Minneapolis, I decided I needed to get to know her better. I was living on campus for the summer, and she was working at the church nearby. I sent her a Facebook message or comment to see if she would want to do lunch some time. After that, the rest was history! We had lunch several times over the summer and looked forward to more fun during the school year - and what a year we have had!

Today, Honna and I grabbed lunch - at McDonald's - and got frappes as we thought back to our time in Minneapolis. Why it took so long for us to become friends? We don't know, but we're thankful that we've helped make this an awesome senior year for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment