Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Break Road Trip


I saw this sign a few times of my way down to Pittsburgh today. I felt like I had been driving for a million miles already! I left at 8am for my 430 mile journey to visit my sister, Julie, at her school. I hit road construction, rain, and slow traffic, delaying my arrival time to around 5pm - just in time for dinner at her dining hall!

It was a long day on the road all by myself, but I borrowed some books on tape - CDs actually - from the library after a friend suggested it. I lost interest around the last two hours of the story, but it was something different to keep me entertained. I have another one to listen to for the drive back to Rochester.

Julie and I have a fun day planned in Pittsburgh tomorrow, and we are visiting relatives on Easter Sunday. I'm glad to finally be here, and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment