Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just About a Perfect Day


Green grass and blue skies - it was the perfect day in Rochester! It was also really my final Saturday to spend time with friends in Rochester, and I loved every minute of it!

My day didn't start off on such a good note, but advice from my roommate, Michelle, convinced me to make the most of the day ahead. I met Audrey and Jordan, two friends from church, at the zoo, and we wandered around looking at the animals and enjoying the sunshine. Audrey is working to complete her Rochester Bucket List before graduation, so we helped her fulfill the Seneca Park Zoo!

After the zoo it was time for shopping and errands. I had a giftcard to Target, which I enjoyed spending on fun items for me! I randomly met up with Michelle in the bathroom at Target, and after laughing about it, we chatted for a bit and continued our shopping.

After a few other stops, I came back to the townhouse, excited about my recent purchases! Thinking about the seals I saw swimming at the zoo, I was inspired to head over to the gym to swim some laps - that was very enjoyable and relaxing and something I did not do often enough this semester!

When I finished swimming, I had a text from Honna with fun plans for the night. I headed out to Holley, where Honna lives, and was able to see her place for the first time. She showed me some of her favorite spots in the area, including the waterfall in the picture at the top of the post. We walked and talked for a while, enjoying what sunshine was left in the day. I was greeted by two turkeys when I pulled into the driveway, and I also saw the chickens, geese, and ducks her family has! Honna spends so much time at my place on campus, that it was nice to see her place at home.

It was just about the perfect day, with four of my closest girlfriends in Rochester: Audrey, Jordan, Michelle, and Honna - Thanks for helping to make this a great day and a memorable final Saturday in Rochester!

No comments:

Post a Comment