Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ultimate Planner


I have a book called His Princess that contains Love Letters from God, our King, to his daughters. The short letters have a way of making you feel extra special and loved. The one I read today was very applicable - it was about allowing God to be your planner, something I usually want to be in charge of!

Here's the letter:

My Princess, Give Me Your Plans ~ I know you have an idea in your head on how everything should unfold in your life. Even today you have an agenda. Because I love you, I need you to give Me back all of your plans for today and for all your tomorrows. If you let Me have your day, I can then intervene with something special. My intervention will give you more joy in your journey than your good intentions. I know all that your heart longs for, and I want to do more for you than you could ever do for yourself. So give Me a chance to change your agenda from ordinary to extraordinary, because that's the kind of life I've destined you to live, My beloved. Love, Your King and Your Planner

I love to think about my future and make plans for what I hope to accomplish. This can be fun, but I must realize that God has ultimate control of my days. I have come to rely on my planner to accomplish all that I need to day by day. However, I want to be sure to not be so controled by the tasks written in my planner that I miss an opportunity from God. I want to make Him a part a my plans as Proverbs 16:3 suggests, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment