Monday, April 25, 2011

Traveling with Edwin

Edwin and I had quite an Easter Break! I probably spent 24 hours driving my car between Wednesday and today. I drove in four states - New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland. - and clocked a lot of miles.

I have had my car since the summer after freshman year. And since the summer after freshman year, my bank account has dwindled. Just recently, here's an idea of what my car has cost me:

$280 - Speeding ticket
$130 - Charges from being towed
$175 - New rear sway bar links
$56 - A tank of gas

Not to mention that my car insurance has to be paid in June and inspection is due in May - it never seems to end!

Sure, a car is a major expense, but it definitely provides me with opportunities I would otherwise miss out on. Besides taking road trips, communting to my internship, and going to Wal-Mart every week, pretty soon Edwin will serve as a U-haul as I move out of my townhouse. Even though is has been a major expense, I've definitely enjoyed having a car during my college years.

No comments:

Post a Comment