Sunday, May 23, 2010

Book Number 3


I finished my third book last night. I borrowed it from my advisor at Roberts - The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It is not based on a true story as I usually like, but it kept my interest. It is about a couple who has baby - twins actually, but the father does not tell the mother about the girl who was born with Down syndrome. Instead, he gives the little girl to the nurse to take to an institution to care for her. What the father doesn't know is that when the nurse took her to the institution, she couldn't bring herself to leave her there and kept her to raise on her own.

The husband tells the wife that she had a second baby that died, but that their son is healthy. They have a funeral for Phoebe, the little girl. The nurse ends up moving to Pittsburgh with Phoebe and raises her to have a good life there dispite her condition.

The book mostly follows the twins' separate lives, until the end when the truth comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment